Want to change your windows 10 Login Screen?
If yes, then this post is definitely for you.
In the previous post, I have already talked about creating a windows 10 password reset disk.
Which is a must step for every Windows 10 user.
So Go ahead, have a look and find out why it’s so important.
But here in this post, our main focus is to change the default old boring login screen background image.
At some time, everyone goes bored with the old default things whether its a wallpaper or some gadget like a mobile phone.
And in this type of scenario, a little customization can help you out.
So let’s see how it works…
Change Windows 10 Login Screen Background Image: How to Guide
In this tutorial, I will show you how to change the lock screen background image using windows 10 settings. Also, we are going to change the background registry settings using the group policy editor.
And in the second method, I will use a third-party windows 10 background changer app.
Basically here we are going to change the login boot screen image by applying some tweaks & changing settings.
So Let’s get started & Follow this guide.
1. Go to Start Menu and Open the Windows 10 settings by clicking on the gear icon.
2. Now Click on the Personalization button.
3. Now on the left-hand side section, click on the Lock Screen button.
4. Now in the lock screen background section, change the Windows spotlight option to Picture.
5. Once the Background option is changed to Picture. Now click on the Browse button.
And then navigate to the background image which you want to set as Windows 10 Login Screen image. And then Click on Choose picture.
Now Press “Windows Key + L” to sign out.
Note:- You can also select the Slideshow option for adding the full album folder as a lock screen.
Now Let’s move to the second part.
Also Read: How to Reset Windows 10 Password Command Prompt
Method 2: How to Change Windows 10 Lock Screen Picture using a Third-Party App.
Usually, I always prefer to customize something only using the Windows Settings. As they are safe and can be undone easily without any issues.
And that’s why I always try to ignore using such third-party apps or straight away changing the registry value files.
But some users really like using these third-party tools & apps as they are a time saver. So, Let’s have a look at it.
Also Read: How I changed the Windows 7 login screen using the group policy registry editor.
The Application which we are going to use is also known as Windows 10 Logon Screen Background Changer.
So let’s move further & use this app safely.
1. Download the app Win10BGChanger1.2.1.zip from the given link.
2. After downloading the above Zip file, extract it into a new folder.
3. Now in the Win10BGChanger folder, Open the GUI folder & start the W10 Logon BG Changer.exe as Run as Administrator.
Note:- Here you will find a note “You agree that upon using this software, we are not at fault if your system stops working correctly.” So click on the YES button.
4. Once the App is loaded successfully, click on the image file icon, and then navigate to the image which you want to be set as a custom lock screen wallpaper. And then click on Open.
5. And once you are satisfied with the lock screen preview, Click on Apply Changes or you can again change windows 10 login screen using the same options.
And if you want to remove it then click on Restore to Defaults.
Note:- I would advise you to please first use Method 1 and then this as some users are facing issues while using this app. (Due to some Windows 10 updates)
You can also give a try to this backiee – Wallpaper Studio 10 app to find great high-quality wallpaper for your Desktops & other devices.
That’s it for now…
So that’s how you can easily change your Windows 10 lock screen wallpaper background image using Personalization Settings. Here you can also use the Group Policy Editor to change these settings but changing the registry value is much more complicated.
Also, in this post we have used the Logon screen background changer app for making the process more easier. But in my opinion the Method 1 is much safer & convenient.
Stay tuned for the next post on How to change windows 10 boot screen.
Feel free to share your thoughts and also tell us if you know any better way to Change Windows 10 Login Screen Background Image.
If you liked this post, Don’t forget to share this useful post with your friends & family members who are using the Windows Operating system.