Want to delete or deactivate your twitter account?
If yes then this post is definitely for you.
In today’s world, social media plays a very crucial role in connecting with others.
And Twitter does a great job in this.
According to Oberlo.com, Twitter has approx 330 million monthly active users which shows a symbol of a very big community.
Also, everyone knows Twitter is one of the most controversial social media platforms. As most of the famous Celebrities use this platform to share their thoughts on different interests.
But day by day, Twitter is getting boring for the youth and they are shifting to new platforms like Instagram.
And if you are also thinking the same, then before shifting to a new platform you must delete your Twitter account first.
As it will help you to maintain your privacy.
Let’s see How it works.
How to Delete Twitter Account Permanently 2020
Also, deleting your twitter account would be more easier if you follow this Step by Step Guide.
So Let’s get started…
Note:- In case if you are feeling a little worried, I will also help you in taking a backup of your Twitter account archive before deleting it permanently.
1. Sign in to Twitter
Go to twitter.com and Sign in to your twitter account using username & password.
2. Go to Settings and Privacy Tab
On the left-hand side corner of the browser window, click on the More button link.
And then Click on the Settings and Privacy link.
3. Click on Deactivate your account
Now in the Account tab section, you will find the Login and Security section.
And below that, you will find a Data and permissions section and a Deactivate your account link. So, Click on that.
Now you will move to the deactivating process of your twitter account. And it will also show some options you can go for like change your twitter username or email address.
And if you want to Request your archive and download all your posts, tweets and other data of your account. Click on your Twitter data link.
And then type your Password and click on Confirm.
Moreover, if you simply want to deactivate or delete your twitter account then move to Step 4.
4. Click on the Deactivate link
Now Click on the Deactivate link at the bottom of the deactivating process page.
And then it will ask for the password associated with the twitter account. So, Click on Deactivate.
That’s it! You have successfully deleted your Twitter account safely!
Note:- Please don’t log into your account for at least 30 days as it will some more time to completely delete your account & its database.
Bonus Tip:- I strongly advise you to Uninstall the app from your mobile phone, tablet, or any other device. Because accidentally opening the app with the login username & password will reverse the deactivation process and will reactivate your account.
And if you are a Mobile phone user and want to delete your twitter account using iPhone or Android.
Then follow the below-mentioned steps…
How to Delete Twitter Account On iPhone
- In the left-hand top menu, click on your profile photo icon, then click on Settings and privacy.
- Click on Account, Scroll down to the bottom & Click on Deactivate your account.
- Read the given information about the deactivation process, then Click on Deactivate.
- Enter your twitter password and Click on Deactivate.
- Confirm Deactivate your account? Click on Yes, deactivate.
How to Delete Twitter Account On Android Phone
- In the left-hand top menu, you will see a navigation icon ||||| or your profile photo icon. Click on the icon and then click on Settings and privacy.
- Now Click on Account, then Scroll down to the bottom & Click on Deactivate your account.
- Now read the given instruction about the deactivation process, then Click on Deactivate.
- Enter your twitter account password and then click on Deactivate.
- Confirm Deactivate your account? Tap on Yes, deactivate.
That’s it for now…
So that’s how you can easily delete your unsuspend twitter account using your PC, iPhone & Android phone. And also you can follow the same process to delete your other social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram.
In this post, I have shown you how to backup all the tweets & post of twitter account by requesting and downloading the twitter archive.
Stay tuned for the next post on how to delete suspended twitter account.
Feel free to share your thoughts and also tell us if you know any better way to how to Deactivate your Twitter Account Permanently 2020.
If you liked this post, Don’t forget to share this with your friends on your favorite social media platform.