Looking for the best MOV player for Windows 11?
If yes, then you are in the right place.
MOV format is native to apple devices and all the videos recorded on them are saved as .mov files by default.
But still, this file format is not widely used, and not every media player supports these files also known as QuickTime videos.
Due to this most of the Windows 11 users are unable to play these files and to fix this problem, you need a MOV file player that fully supports all the codecs used to encode these files.
Normal users and professionals have their own distinct needs and expectation from these applications or software.
And that’s why we have listed some of the best video players that can easily run or open MOV files on Windows 11.
So, without further ado, let’s get started…
Table of Contents
5+ Best MOV Player For Windows 11 [ Top Free Picks ]
In light of frequent queries from our readers about this new Windows 11 operating system and MOV files, we have prepared this article.
Also, we have ranked these players according to their abilities to play these video files with various encodings and the key features that make them unique and different from each other.
But it is still important to select the finest one which suits your need. Therefore, we have prepared this list of the best MOV video player for Windows 11 which is absolutely free.
So, let’s get started…
Windows Media Player is the default player that comes with every Windows operating system. But recently, Microsoft has launched its new Windows 11 media player with a fresh design and built-in support for multiple file formats. And if you want to install it then you can easily download it from Microsoft Store or from the above link.
But even after updating it, this native video and audio player is unable to support most of the file formats. And that’s why we have created a detailed post on how to play MOV files on Windows 11 after installing the video extension and the codecs that are required for playing these video files. So, simply go through the post if you want to run MOV videos using this default media player.
- Comes pre-installed on Windows OS.
- Available on Windows 7, 8, 10, 11 ( Updated version )
- The new version has a beautiful user interface.
- Supports multiple audio and video file formats.
- Browse music and video files & your own create playlists.
- Needs codecs to open MOV files.
- Lags while playing high-resolution videos.
VLC media player is an open-source utility that is most downloaded in the world. It has a very versatile and simple UI which is preferred by most of Windows users. Apart from that, this video player can easily play MOV video files without extra codec installation or any extension.
And the best part, it supports all major video & audio file formats and is compatible with most platforms like iOS, Mac, Android, Linux, etc. Also, if you want to download it then visit the given link and I recommend you to always use the official VLC website to avoid malware and viruses.
- No ads and tracking.
- Customizable and adaptive.
- Compatible with all major platforms.
- Can run almost all audio and video formats.
- Support for codecs like MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264, WMV, and more
- Recently got banned in India.
- 4K videos are not played properly.
- Sometimes takes more RAM to process files.
QuickTime is one of the best free MOV player for Windows 11 OS. Everyone knows that it is also the default application for apple devices if you want to play MOV files on them. And the best part is that it is not only limited to mac devices but also comes in Windows version.
Moreover, QuickTime is not only built for .mov format but also supports .mp4 by default and includes some editing features that you can use to edit your recorded MOV videos. Apart from that, you can also use this player to view photos and stream media from the internet. And if you are a Final Cut Pro editing software then you are definitely gonna love this application.
- Convert MOV files to other formats.
- Play, Record, Edit, and Share video files.
- Stream videos from online services.
- Doesn’t support all other video formats.
- Not a good interface for the Windows version.
PotPlayer is a modern media player developed in South Korea. Along with supporting MOV video format, it also supports 360-degree videos and 3D videos. This player also has overlay support and Direct3D9 Ex Flip Mode. If you are searching for a MOV video player with advanced features, this is the player you may want to consider using.
It supports TV, HDTV, DVD devices and all the major file formats such as .MOV, .MP4, .WMV, .AVI, .FLV, .MKV and more. This player can also easily play 4K Ultra HD files, considering the hardware is capable. Since this player is very advanced and offers various customization options, it can be overwhelming for simple uses.
- Lightweight and built-in OpenCodec.
- Able to play 4K and 8K MOV files with ease.
- Advanced features and support for 3D and 360-degree videos.
- Offers scene customization and full-screen playback.
- Complicated and Confusing interface.
- Less Support if any error comes up.
KMPlayer is another best .mov player for Windows 11, which can play various file formats such as AVI, MPEG, TS, FLV, OGM, RM, WMV, MKV, MP4, WEBM, MOV, 3GP, 3G2, MP3, etc. In addition, this media player has a 64X version which can play 4K, 8K, UHD, and 60FPS videos with capable hardware.
Along with supporting MOV file formats, it also supports Blu-Ray Disc and DVDs. One of the unique features of this player is the ability to download YouTube directly. Simply enter the YouTube URL and play or download the video. You can also create a GIF file from the MOV video that you have recorded using this player.
- Multi-language support and no ads.
- In-built high-quality video codecs [ HEVC ( h.265 ), h.264, VP9 ]
- Supports multiple subtitle formats.
- Other features like Screen capture, noise reduction, audio-video synchronization, screen rotation, and more.
- Installer has some unwanted software.
- Takes a lot of CPU space while playing high-resolution videos.
You may remember RealPlayer from the early days of the internet. It is one of the oldest and most versatile media players with support ranging from MOV, MP4, FLV, AVI, and WMV to online video streaming.
RealPlayer also has various plugins that you can use to extend its functionality, such as directly uploading your MOV files to social media, streaming online videos, and many more. It also has a browser extension that lets you download online videos.
- Online MOV video downloads.
- Convert video into different formats.
- Access videos from various devices like Windows, Mobile, etc.
- Organize and browse videos, create playlists, and can upload videos to the internet.
- Interface feels bloated
- Premium subscription for all add-ons & features.
That’s it for now…
So, that’s all about the best free video player that you can use to play or open MOV files on your Windows 11 PC, Laptop, or Computer. Also, we have tried to cover all pros & cons and also the features that make them different. So, go through this list and find the best choice for yourself.
Moreover, I would recommend you to choose the program after analyzing what you expect from a player and what task you want to accomplish with it.
Stay tuned for the latest posts…
Feel free to share your thoughts via comments and also tell us about this post on 5+ Best MOV Player For Windows 11 [ Top Free Picks ].
If you liked this post, don’t forget to share it.