Want the best free Data Recovery Software for Windows & Mac?
If yes then this post is definitely for you.
In the previous post, I have already talked about recovering deleted photos on windows 10 from any storage device.
These days virus attacks or hard drive failure are very common.
And due to which over 32% of data is lost every year present on our PC or Laptops.
And if you are also in this same situation, then you & your imp. data are in a serious dilemma.
But don’t worry, if you act quickly and use any of these free programs.
You can still recover your deleted data back to your PC.
Let’s see the list of the Software.
Best Free Data Recovery Software App in 2020
Note:- All the software listed here are free to download & support multiple platforms like Android, iPhone, Mac & Windows 10,7 PC.
1. Recuva (Windows)
Recuva data recovery software is one of my favorite app which I personally use. Whenever I want to retrieve my lost photos or data I always use Recuva. No wonder Recuva is the most popular photo recovery software due to its powerful features & abilities. Using this tool you can easily recover your deleted data from your formatted hard drive, Pendrive & other digital devices.
- No Size limit. Portable & Easy to use.
- Recover data from corrupted hard disk.
- Features like Deep Scan, Hidden partition Scan.
- Support NTFS and FAT file systems.
- Support preview images before recovery.
- No pause & resume recovery session support.
- Recuva is free but only available for Windows 10,7 not for Mac, Android & iPhone.
2. Disk Drill (Windows/Mac)
Disk Drill is one of the best free data recovery software that was previously known as Pandora recovery. Basically, Disk Drill is the improved version of pandora recovery in terms of features, user interface & performance. Using this tool you can easily retrieve your deleted files from PC or Mac even if the partition is lost.
- Portable. Easy to use Modern UI.
- Support Pause and Resume Recovery.
- Deep Scan for all file types like pictures.
- Scans unallocated space, Vault protection & hidden partition.
- It can create a recoverable disk image for later use.
- Can recover data from iOS & Android devices.
- Can recover up to 500Mb with free Version & No portable version.
- No preview image before recovery.
3. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard (Windows/Mac)
EaseUs Data Recovery is another wonderful free data recovery application by EaseUS Company. Using this program you can easily recover your deleted files within a few clicks. It has a very sleek user interface similar to Windows Explorer & also available for iOS and Android devices.
- Support iOS & Android Phone recovery.
- Can recover deleted files from the Recycle bin.
- Harddisk NTFS and FAT file formats.
- You can Pause and Resume the Recovery Session.
- Supports preview images before restoring the file.
- You can recover up to 2GB for free.
4. MiniTool Power Data Recovery (Windows/Mac)
MiniTool Power Data Recovery is another superb free file recovery software with a modern user interface. This recovery program quickly scans for deleted files easily but the only downside is that there is no portable version available. Using this best free data recovery software, you can also retrieve the entire lost partition.
- Support different file types like Pdf, words & Excel.
- Support Pause & Resume Recovery Session.
- Preview images before recovering the file.
- Can’t perform recovery on a bootable disc.
- You can recover up to 1Gb with Free Version.
5. Puran File Recovery (Windows)
Puran File Recovery is one of the best free data recovery software on this list. It has a very easy to use interface and also has lots of advanced features for faster recovery. This is the only software app in this list that can be compared with Recuva because of its advanced features.
- No Size Limit.
- Support multiple File Formats.
- Advanced features like Deep Scan, Full Scan.
- Shows the preview image of the file before recovery.
- Not regularly updated since 2016.
6. Exif Untrasher (MacOs)
Exif Untrasher is one of the best free photo recovery software for Mac users which I personally recommend. This software is very easy to use and mainly designed for recovering the deleted JPEG photos. This is a totally free program & also supports external devices like USB Drive, SD Card, etc.
- Easy to Use & lightweight.
- Easy and Quick in finding deleted pictures.
- The quality of recovering pictures is very good.
- It doesn’t support different file formats.
- No advanced options like Deep Scan.
7. Wise Data Recovery (Windows)
Wise Data Recovery is one of the best free data recovery software I have ever seen with a small size setup file. The program has a very good user interface & also scan storage devices faster as compared to other software. The small size of this program makes this program lighter and faster for scanning deeply buried deleted files.
- No size limit & Easy to use.
- Quality indicators indicate the file quality.
- Shows preview image of the file before recovery.
- No advanced options like Deep Scan, Hidden Partition Scan.
8. TestDisk & PhotoRec (Windows/Linux)
TestDisk & PhotoRec is one of the best free recovery programs for Windows & Linux users. As its name suggests “Photo” it not only recover photos but also capable of recovering files like video, documents & archives from hard disk. It is one of the powerful tools supporting digital cameras to hard drives. Also Capable of fixing booting issues.
- Free to Use and No size limit.
- Support more than 400 file formats.
- Also support exFAT, HFS+, FAT & NTFS filesystem.
- Scans and Recover files faster.
- Support Windows DOS, Linux & Mac also.
- Only for advanced users (Command line program)
9. PC Inspector File Recovery (Windows)
PC Inspector File Recovery is one of the most popular programs available for windows users. Using this best free data recovery software you can easily scan your partition even if the boot sectors been erased. It scans files on the basis of date & time stamp files present on the hard drive.
- Free & Easy to use.
- Faster & Better as compared to other Paid tools.
- Support a wide range of file formats like Zip files.
- No image preview support.
- Only available for Windows 10,7,8 & XP.
PC Inspector File Recovery Download Link
10. Undelete 360 (Windows)
Undelete 360 is another freeware data recovery utility available for Windows users. Using this free tool you can easily restore your accidentally deleted files from your computer, flash drive, USB drive and memory. This software also enables you to recover files from formatted hard drives & floppy drives.
- No Size Limit & Portable.
- Undelete big files from the recycle bin.
- Recover deleted Files on windows shared network.
- Support almost all file types like videos, audio, excel, emails, documents, Zip file & Winrar compressed files.
- Only support Windows 10,7 users.
11. Stellar Data Recovery (Windows/macOS)
Stellar Data Recovery is one of the most professional data recovery tool available for windows and macOS users. This tool is already famous for its performance & loaded with multiple features for better recovery. This best free data recovery software tool comes in both home and business edition which mainly focuses on Video, Audio & Pictures.
- Faster and better recovery option.
- Fully loaded with advanced features.
- Recover data from different types of devices like USB, smartphones, harddisk, hidden partitions.
- Can recover Word, Excel, PPt PowerPoint files.
- Also available for iPhone & Android Phone recovery.
That’s it for now…
All the above-listed software applications are best in their own ways and every tool has there own pros and cons. But all work well in terms of recovering files.
So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and use these data recovery apps to recover your deleted lost files for free.
Stay tuned for the next posts on Online data recovery.
Feel free to share your thoughts and also tell us if you know any other best Free Data Recovery Software For Windows & Mac in 2020.
We would love to include that also.
If you liked this post, Don’t forget to share this with your friends.