How do I create a windows 7 password reset disk?
If this question is still popping in your mind then you are at the right place.
If you are a windows user whether it’s Windows 10 or Windows 7, it’s a must step to create a password reset disk.
As sometimes we forgot our password & due to which we lose our precious data.
And we don’t want it to happen.
Although, in the previous post I already talked about how to reset windows 7 password using cmd.
And it’s working perfectly but it’s pretty long.
But why to use cmd, when Microsoft windows itself gives you a feature to reset windows password using reset disk.
So Let’s dive in further & see…
Create Windows 7 Password Reset Disk USB
But before we begin.
Please make sure that you have a spare USB drive, a working PC and you must be knowing the current user account password.
And try this link if you already forgot your windows 7 password.
So in this post, I will show you how to create or make a password reset disk using USB flash drive.
So Let’s get started.
1. Plug in your USB flash drive into your computer.
2. Now Click on Start & search for Reset Disk and then select Create a Password Reset Disk.
3. Now the “Forgotten Password Wizard” dialog box will pop up. So Click on Next.
4. Then you will see a message “I want to create a password key disk in the following drive:” .So select the USB drive from the drop-down menu & Click Next.
5. Now it will ask for the Current user account password and then click on Next.
Bonus Tip:- And if you open that USB, then you will find a file called userkey.psw and you can backup this by copying it to a different USB drive.
But How to Use it? Let’s see…
Bypass Windows 7 Password Using Reset Disk USB
1. Insert the Windows 7 password reset disk USB into your PC that you have created earlier.
2. Now Restart your Pc and at the Windows 7 login screen you will find a link called “Reset password…“. Click on that.
3. Now the Password Reset Wizard will open up. So click on Next.
4. Now from the dropdown menu, select the Password Key disk and Click Next.
5. Now Reset the User Account Password and then type a new password & Click on Next.
That’s it! And Finish.
So that’s how you can easily reset or bypass Windows 7 password without logging in by using Reset Disk but also without using the Cd or any kind of password recovery software tool.
And this process is applicable for all Windows 7 editions like Pro or Professional, Ultimate & Enterprise.
Stay tuned for the next posts on Password reset disk windows 10.
Feel free to share your thoughts and also tell us if you know any better way on How to Create a Windows 7 Password Reset Disk USB.
If you liked this post, Don’t forget to share this with your friends.