Want to Make a Windows 10 Password Reset Disk?
If yes, then you are in the right place.
According to computerworld.com, 70% of the global operating system shares are captured by Windows 10.
And in my opinion for every Windows user, having a reset disk is the most important step which should be taken.
Because if anytime you locked your computer or forgot your password, then this would be the easiest way to recover it back.
And the best part is that it is officially developed by the Microsoft team and you can easily use this tool to create a password reset disk on Windows 10.
Also, it works really great & can help you without losing your data.
So, without further delay, let’s get started…
Table of Contents
How to Make a Windows 10 Password Reset Disk USB [ Tutorial ]
But before we begin, please make sure that you have all the essential things with you to make it work.
And for that, you need a spare USB Flash Drive because after creating this device, it will not be used for other purposes. Apart from that, you must also know the admin password of your current account.
Moreover, if you are searching for “how to create a password reset disk for another computer” then this amazing passfab 4winkey review is for you.
And if you don’t know much about this tool, then it is one of the best Windows 10 password recovery tools that you can use even if you have not created this disk.
Note:- This tutorial is divided into two parts, first is the creation part and then we will see how to use it properly.
So, let’s get started…
Making a Password Reset Disk
1. First, insert the USB Flash Drive into your computer.
Tip:- You can also use a spare “SD Card” instead of using a USB drive.
2. Now go to Search, type in “Control Panel” and then press Enter.
3. Now go to the “User Accounts” of your Windows 10 settings.
And then again click on the “User Accounts” option.
4. After that click on the “Create a password reset disk” option on the left-hand side section.
And then the “Forgotten Password Wizard” will open up, so click on the Next button.
5. Now under the “I want to create a password key disk” section, click on the drop-down menu and then select the USB drive, click on the Next button.
6. And then it will ask for the “Current user account password”, so type in your local admin password and then click on Next. ( If there is no password leave it blank )
7. After clicking on Next, it will start creating your password reset disk for Windows 10, and once the progress is completed, click on Next.
And then to “Close” the wizard, click on Finish.
Note:- Now go to “This PC” or “My Computer” and open the USB, if it is properly created, then you will find a “userkey.psw” file in it.
Bonus Tip:- Please make sure to keep this USB drive in a safe place.
Now let’s move to the next part…
How to Use Password Reset Disk in Windows 10
Please note that this reset disk will only be used for your Windows 10 PC and cannot be used for someone on another computer.
Also, this password reset disk will only help you reset your local account and if you want to remove some other accounts like Microsoft account or want to do it without a disk then use the tool which I mentioned above.
Now let’s see how it works…
1. First, insert your Reset Disk or USB into your PC. ( which you have created earlier in this post )
2. Now Start or Boot up your laptop or computer PC.
3. After that, the Windows 10 login screen will appear. Now type in the wrong password and once the Reset password link is visible, click on that.
4. Now the “Password Reset Wizard” will open up, so click on Next.
5. After that, select the USB drive from the drop-down menu and then click on the Next button.
6. Now you will move to the “Reset the User Account Password” dialog box, so Type a new password and then Type the password again to confirm it, type the password hint, and click on the Next button.
And Done! You have successfully completed the “Reset Wizard” for your Windows account, so finally click on the Finish button.
That’s it for now…
So, that’s how you can easily create a password reset disk in Windows 10 laptop, Computer or PC. You can also use this to bypass the forgotten admin password of your system and if you are a Windows 7 user then check this article.
Moreover, if you are looking for some passfab 4winkey alternative then you can use iSunshare Windows Password Genius which is also great.
Stay tuned for the latest posts…
Feel free to share your thoughts via comments and also tell us about this post on How to Make a Windows 10 Password Reset Disk USB [ Tutorial ].
If you liked this post don’t forget to share it.