Looking for the Best VPN for 2024?
If yes, then this post is definitely for you.
In this rapidly growing digital world, online safety and privacy have become a very great concern to every user.
In that case, the only thing that can give us security is a reliable Virtual Private Network ( VPN ).
But how we are going to get to know that this is a RELIABLE one?
For that, we need to look for all the VPN’s functionality, features, security encryption, pricing and what are your actual needs.
I know this can be a tough job to do because there are 100s of VPN service providers out there. And that’s why to make this easier for you, we have created this brief article and picked out our 3 Top Picks.
So, without further ado, let’s dive in.
Table of Contents
What is a VPN?
VPN is a software program that helps you to secure your internet connection so that your privacy is not breached. It also stands for Virtual Private Networks and allows you to mask your identity by hiding the real IP address or location. In simple terms, a VPN creates an encrypted tunnel between your device ( Mobile or Computer ) and ISP ( Internet Service Provider ), so that users can browse the internet anonymously and securely.
Apart from that, it also restricts ISPs from peeking into your browsing history which also causes internet throttling sometimes. Not only this but by using VPNs you also get protected from phishing attacks, ransomware, or hacking. Moreover, if you love to travel and regularly use some open public networks then a VPN is a real thing that you need.
Understanding VPN Needs
However, we have already discussed some of the benefits of using a VPN such as protecting data and maintaining online privacy. But here we are specifically discussing about if you really need them or not because sometimes I have seen that many users subscribe to VPN services and they don’t know how they are going to help them.
If you are someone who uses complex passwords and always keeps updating them then you don’t need VPNs, if you only do basic internet browsing. But if you use the internet excessively and visit 10-20 new websites daily, then it is surely going to enhance your security.
OR if you often use public WiFi networks, love to do gaming, or use streaming services regularly then VPN is definitely for you. Because it is going to help you surf the internet without getting detected and also unblocks the majority of geo-restricted services.
Best VPNs for 2024 ( Our Top 3 VPN Picks )
Before considering anything, I always suggest users to double-check ( of course, it’s about our privacy & security ). However, most of the VPN companies claim that they are 100% secure but we can’t rely on them. What if they are based in a country where digital privacy rules are weak or if they have protected our data securely and not leaked it?
So, after considering all these points, we have picked the Top 3 VPNs. They are completely safe, maintain no logs, and also support all the popular streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO Max, Hulu, etc.
1. NordVPN ( Best Overall VPN )
If you want an all-rounder VPN that has all the security features and multiple-layer protection then you can go for NordVPN. It’s one of the most popular VPN services and has been in the business for more than a decade. And you won’t believe that United States users, especially California users love to use this service because of the Double VPN feature which helps to add extra layers of security.
It has a huge network of 6023 extremely fast servers and is available in more than 60+ countries. All the servers are completely reliable and the unlimited speed/bandwidth is a big plus point.
- Modern and simple design.
- Connect up to 6 devices simultaneously.
- RAM-only servers with no-log policy.
- Rare features – Meshnet and Dark Web Monitor.
- In-built antivirus, Ad-blocking, and threat protection.
- Support Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Android TV and more.
- 24/7 live chat support.
- A little expensive.
- Less Meshnet traffic routing bandwidth.
- Average results of blocking malware & web trackers.
2. Surfshark ( Best for Multiple devices )
Another great VPN service and one of the major plus points is that you can connect unlimited devices simultaneously with just 1 account, isn’t that great? Yes, I know that but what’s more crazy is that while all these devices are connected, you won’t face any issues with security and speed. Apart from that, Surfshark also has all the important features like MultiHop, Split tunneling, Ad-blocker, and Bypasser for specific websites.
Moreover, it has over 3200+ blazing fast servers with strict no-log policy in 100+ countries. Some of the cool features that I personally like are CleanWeb, NoBorders Mode, and Camouflage Mode which help us to bypass restrictions by hiding the real traffic usage.
- Excellent user-interface.
- RAM-only servers with no-log policy.
- Kill Switch – Protects in case of frequent drop.
- Private DNS and leak protection ( IPv4 stack ).
- AES-256-GCM Encryption & other secure protocols.
- Support Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, Android, Chrome, Firefox, Edge, FireTV, Android TV, etc.
- 24/7 email or live chat support.
- Not very budget-friendly.
- Sometimes users face lags in specific modes.
- Needs more clarification in Privacy Policies.
3. Atlas VPN ( Best for First-Time Users )
If you are looking for a VPN for the first time then Atlas VPN can be your go-to partner in your online journey. It has a very simple and smooth design which any new user can easily navigate and will not feel lost. However, this VPN is pretty new in this industry but has all the important security features such as Wiregaurd protocol, SafeSwap servers, and more. Like Surfshark, you can also use this VPN service to connect unlimited devices.
Moreover, Atlas has a Shield and Block malware feature which can easily block all third-party ads/trackers and also protect you from malicious attacks like phishing, snooping, and hacking.
- A free version is available.
- 1000+ servers in 49+ countries.
- Optimized for streaming and torrenting.
- RAM-only server with no-logs policy.
- Data Breach Monitor to protect personal data leaks.
- MultiHop+ and Split tunneling for extra security.
- Network Kill Switch for sudden drop in connection.
- Support Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, Android TV, Fire TV Stick, Apple TV and more.
- 24/7 help support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Less number of servers.
- Very new in the VPN industry.
- No third-party policy audits.
That’s it for now.
So, here are the top 3 picks of VPNs and we have tried to cover every important detail of all these services. According to me, you can go for any of them you like but if you want a cheap ( price ) then go for Atlas VPN, if you are looking for some reliability & premium features then Surfshark and NordVPN are great choices.
All the VPN services can easily unblock government and geo-restricted sites like Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, HBO Max, Amazon Prime, etc. Here are some of the best free unlimited VPNs that can you look at.
Stay tuned for the latest posts…
Feel free to share your thoughts via comments and also tell us about this post on Top 3 Picks and Best VPNs for 2024.
If you liked this post, don’t forget to share it.