Want to install Windows 11 without TPM 2.0?
If yes then you are in the right place.
In one of my recent posts, I have already talked about how to bypass secure boot on your latest Windows OS.
But I have seen many users who are still facing issues like “Your PC is not compatible with Windows 11” on their system.
And this error only occurs when your PC doesn’t meet the TPM and Secure Boot requirements which are mandated by Microsoft.
But don’t worry, we have already got some solution for this.
In this post, I will show you how to bypass TMP 2.0 check requirement and then install Windows 11 on your computer.
So, let’s see how it works…
What is TPM?
TPM basically stands for Trusted Platform Module. TPM is a security chip that offers a hardware-based approach for generating hashes and storing cryptographic keys as well. TPM is basically a chip or a cryptographic processor that is soldered onto the motherboard which helps in storing sensitive data like biometrics, passwords, and many more.
Basically, these cryptographic keys nearly make it impossible for attackers to steal your important data files. And that’s why Microsoft has made the TPM Chip compulsory to provide better security and save you from external attacks like malware and ransomware.
Similarly, TPM 2.0 ( Trusted Platform Module 2.0 ) is the advanced version of the TPM Chip.
Now let’s see some other requirements…
Windows 11 Minimum System Requirements
Although, I have already shared a lot about the minimum system requirements that are required to run Windows 11. But still, here you can have a quick look at this table.
|Hardware||Minimum System Requirement|
|Processor||1 GHz (gigahertz) or faster with 2-4 cores.|
Supports 64-bit with SoC
|Memory||4 GB RAM or more|
|Storage||Free space of at least 50 GB or more|
|Display||1600×900 HD Resolution|
|System Firmware||UEFI, Secure Boot Capable|
|TPM||Trusted Platform Module 2.0|
And if you already fulfill all these requirements except TPM and Secure Boot, then follow the below-mentioned methods to bypass them.
How to Bypass Windows 11 TPM 2.0 Check Requirement
If you have already checked your Windows 11 compatibility using the PC Health Check App and got a message like “This PC can’t run Windows 11” then this means that the TPM 2.0 chip is not installed on your system or it’s not enabled.
And if you already know that the TPM is not available on your PC then you can easily follow the given steps to bypass it.
So, let’s get started…
1. First, you have to press “Windows Key + R” to launch the run command. After that type “regedit” and then hit Enter.
2. Now the Windows Registry Editor will launch and then we have to go to the given location. “Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup“
3. After that you will be in the Setup folder and here you have to create a new key. So, right-click on the blank space and then choose the “New” option & then select the “Key” option.
4. Now a new Registry folder will be created and we have to name it as “LabConfig“. ( Important file to bypass TPM 2.0 check )
5. Now in the “LabConfig” folder you will find a Default file there which is of no use. But here in this folder, we will create three new “DWORD” registry keys. And to do that, right-click on the blank space and then select New > “DWORD (32-bit) Value” & your file will be created.
6. Now rename the first registry file as “BypassTPMCheck” and then double-click on it & make the “Value data” value to “1” & click OK.
7. After that, rename the second file as “BypassRAMCheck” and then double-click on it & make the “Value data” value to “1” & click OK.
8. At last, rename the third file as “BypassSecureBootCheck” and then double-click on it & make the “Value data” value to “1” & click OK.
Now close the Registry Editor and then Reboot your PC, so that all these files may get saved and take effect.
And done! Now again try to update to Windows 11 and you will see that you have easily bypassed the TPM 2.0 check requirement.
Now let’s move to the next method.
How to Install Windows 11 without TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot
However, the above steps really help in bypassing the TPM and Secure Boot checks. But if you are still having any problems then you can check out this Windows Preinstallation method which is similar to the above.
Basically, Windows Setup only loads the minimum features while installing the new operating system. And at this moment the TPM check is disabled, so we can easily take benefits from this.
So, without further ado, let’s move further.
1. First, create a bootable USB for Windows 11 using the given source.
2. Now, download the Registry File and then place it into the bootable USB device that you have created in Step 1.
3. After that, insert the USB Drive into your computer & then boot from it.
4. Once the Windows Setup is loaded, select the language, time, and keyboard input method & then click on Next. After that click on Install now button.
5. Now when you are on the Activate Windows screen, press Shift + F10 to open the command prompt ( CMD ).
6. Now type notepad in the command prompt & then press Enter.
7. After that Notepad will open up, so now click on File and then select the Open option. ( You can also use the Ctrl + O keys here)
8. Now change the Files of type to the All Files option.
9. After that, navigate to the Registry File that you have downloaded and added earlier to USB Drive.
10. At last, right-click on the tpmbypass.reg file and select Merge & then click on the Yes button.
And done! Now go back to the installation process & you will see that Windows 11 will install without asking for TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot requirements.
Also, if you want to know more about the Registry file, then here is the content that is present inside it.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\LabConfig] “BypassTPMCheck”=dword:00000001 “BypassSecureBootCheck”=dword:00000001
Now let’s move to the next method.
Download Windows 11 ISO without TPM
Although, I always recommend all users to only use the untouched ISO files. But here the situation is different where I am suggesting you, not to download ISO files from Microsoft.
Yes! you heard it right, here we will be using a tool called EaseUS Win11builder for downloading the ISO file.
So, let’s get started & follow the given steps below.
1. First, Download the EaseUS Win11builder from the given link.
2. After that, double-click on the Win11builder file to run or launch it.
3. Now, insert the USB Drive into your PC or laptop.
4. After that, enable the “Bypass TPM 2.0 requirement in Windows 11 installation” option and then click on the Create button.
5. Now, the application will start downloading the essential files & simultaneously will also make this USB bootable for installation which you can easily use it.
And done! You have successfully download the Windows 11 ISO image file without TPM requirement on it.
Now let’s move to the final method.
Replacing Windows 11 appraiserres.dll File
As this is the final method, I would suggest you to please check again using any other Windows 11 compatibility checker tools for the safer side.
However, the PC Health Check App works really great but it’s better to be double sure. And if you have already checked, then please follow the given steps mentioned below.
So, let’s get started…
1. First, Go to Windows 11 ISO Image file and then right-click on it & select the Mount option. ( If you don’t have one, then you can download the Insider Preview Build of Win11 from here )
2. Now select & copy all the Windows 11 installations files from the ISO file.
3. After that, create a new folder and then rename it as “Win 11“. And in that folder, paste all the files that you have copied earlier.
Note:- It would be better if you create this new “Win 11” folder on any drive other than C:\ drive.
4. Now, Go to Windows 10 ISO file and then right-click on it & select the Mount option.
5. After that, open the Windows 10 ISO files & then copy the appraiserres.dll file from it. ( If you don’t have the ISO file, then you can directly download the appraiserres.dll file from the given link )
6. Now, paste the appraiserres.dll file into the new “Win 11” folder. ( File that you have downloaded or copied from Windows 10 ISO )
7. After that, it will ask you to “Replace the file in the destination” so click on that option to replace it.
8. At last, Go to the new “Win 11” folder and then run the “setup.exe” file. Now follow the on-screen steps and then the Windows 11 installation will start without any problem.
That’s it for now…
So that’s how you can easily bypass the Secure Boot and TPM requirement without any issues. But you should know that bypassing these things will also have some effect on the security and stability of Windows.
And that’s why I would suggest you to please be safe and secure while using your Computer PC or Laptop.
Stay tuned for the next post…
Feel free to share your thoughts and also tell us if you know any better way on How to Install Windows 11 without TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot.
If you liked this post, don’t forget to share.