Want to know Windows 11 System Requirements?
If yes then you are in the right place.
Recently, Microsoft release its official Insider Preview for Win 11.
And everyone is searching for downloading its ISO file so that they can also experience it on their computer or laptop.
But I have seen many users reporting about that they are unable to install Windows 11 on their PC.
And I really don’t know why this is happening to them because “I am already running Windows 11 Insider Preview on my PC”.
And if I can do this then everyone can do this.
Also, if you are also one of them who are facing such an issue then I would suggest you to read this full post where I have shared all the Window 11 minimum requirements including hardware as well as software.
So let’s get started…
Windows 11 System Requirements Minimum
Although, there are no such system requirements for this new version of windows. And according to me, every Windows 10 user can easily use it but this time Microsoft has added some features to improve privacy and security. It’s called the Trusted Platform Module ( TPM ) which is a chip-oriented program that is present on your computer’s motherboard.
And according to me, all the motherboards manufactured between 2016-2021 will definitely have that chip on them. If you are not still sure about this and want to update or upgrade to Windows 11, then I would suggest you to use the PC health check app given by Microsoft.
But before you can also check out the system specs requirements given below.
|Hardware||Minimum System Requirements|
|CPU||1-1.4 GHz Processor with 2-4 Core ( Support 64 bit with SoC )|
|SSD or HDD||Free Storage Space of at least 50 Gb or more|
|RAM||Minimum 4 Gb and Recommended 8 Gb|
|Display||1600×900 with HD Resolution|
|Graphics Card||Intel Integrated Graphics with DirectX 12 support and WDDM 2.x|
|System Firmware||Support UEFI and Secure Boot Capable|
|TPM||Trusted Platform Module 2.0|
|Internet Connection||Many features will require an Internet connection to work like Microsoft account|
Now let’s move to the next part…
Minimum Windows 11 Hardware Requirements to Install, Update or Upgrade
Although, in the above section I have already talked about the hardware system requirements required for Windows 11. But here we will specifically talk more about minimum requirements so that you can easily Install, Update or Upgrade this new OS on your system.
You might have seen that the size of Windows 11 is larger as compared to Windows 10 which definitely causes an issue for some devices having less space. And in that case, you won’t able to upgrade windows 10 to 11 due to a lack of free storage space.
Also, I have seen many users facing issues and searching for “Your pc does not meet the minimum hardware requirements for windows 11” to be fixed but nothing solid is yet found. And they are struggling to find the right solution for this and I would suggest them to use the given below steps and find out if your Computer PC or laptop is compatible or not.
How to Check if your PC has TPM 2.0 for Windows 11
However, in the above section, I have shared so much information about TPM 2.0 and why it is necessary to have it. Also, there is some news that Microsoft will take down the PC Health Check app temporarily for some time.
And in that case, this is the only method to check if your PC has TPM 2.0 for Windows 11 without using PC Health Check app.
So let’s follow this quick guide.
1. Go to Start Menu and then type Run & hit Enter.
2. Now in Run dialog box will open up, so type tpm.msc and then click on OK.
3. After that Trusted Platform Module Management will open up showing the status as “The TPM is ready for use“
Apart from this if you found an error like “Compatible TPM cannot be found“, then please check in your BIOS Settings and then again check for the validation of TPM. ( Following the same Step 1 to Step 3 )
And once you found that you are eligible, then I want to suggest you to first install Win 11 on Virtualbox and then on your main system.
Now let’s move to the next part…
How to Check Windows 11 Compatibility for Windows 11 using PC Health Check App
Once you have enabled the TPM 2.0 on your system, now it would be better if you double verify it for windows 11 compatibility.
And to do so, just you have to follow this quick guide.
1. Download PC Health Check app & then Install it.
2. Now Open the “Windows PC Health Check app” and then click on Check now.
3. After that it will start checking for Windows 11 compatibility and you will get a message of “This PC can run Windows 11” and done.
Once you the message, this means that you can download Windows 11 ISO file and then can install it on your PC.
Now let’s move to the next part…
Windows 11 Feature Specific Requirements
In the above sections, I have specifically focused on Windows 11 hardware requirements but here we will talk about some software requirements. Basically, all these minimum system requirements are suggested by Microsoft so that you can take full advantage of Win 11 OS.
So let’s not waste more time & head over to the requirements part.
- Cortana: According to Microsoft, this feature will be only available in some countries. ( I think because of privacy issues )
- 5G Support: It would better if you could use a 5G modem or internet connection for better performance.
- Secure boot: This requires firmware that supports UEFI v2.3.1 with Microsoft’s Windows Certification authority.
- BitLocker Drive Encryption: This requires both TCG and TPM 2.0 ( For high-end encryption and security )
- Movie & TV Application: Some of the Music and Movie applications will not be available in all countries.
- BitLocker To Go: For using this you will require a USB Drive.
- Touch Devices: This will require touch devices like tablets, monitors, and laptops supporting touch screens.
- Webcam: Will require this for using the face recognition feature.
- Speech Recognition: Will require for recognizing speech and using Cortana effectively.
- Xbox: You will require all the gadgets and Xbox pass for using this.
- Authentication Features: Features like 4-PIN, Biometric, and Face Unlock.
- Amazon App Store: In this Windows 11 live event we have seen that it will have an App Store with apps like Amazon Prime Video, Tiktok, Instagram, Netflix, and many more.
Apart from all these, you will also require a Microsoft account to use most features and functionalities. So, if don’t have it then create a new one.
What are the minimum requirements for Windows 11?
Minimum specs requirements for Windows 11 are 1.5-2 GHz processor, 4GB RAM for 64 bit, 64 Storage, Directx 12 & TPM 2.0 support.
Is there a Windows 11?
Yes of course, Windows 11 is there for real & will be officially available in late 2021.
How to find out if your PC can run Windows 11?
You can easily find out if your PC can run Windows 11 by using PC health Check App Compatibility test.
Is my laptop compatible for Windows 11?
All new laptops supporting Windows 10 will be compatible for Windows 11 & its update.
Will I get Windows 11 for free?
Yes, according to Microsoft all Windows 10 user will get Windows 11 upgrade for free.
That’s it for now…
So that’s all about the minimum system requirements required for running Win on your PC or Laptop. Also in this post, we tried to cover almost everything including how to check for compatibility with windows 11.
Apart from this, we have also covered all the hardware and software requirements like TPM 2.0, RAM Memory, Display, and Processor requirements.
Stay tuned for the next post…
Feel free to share your thoughts via comments and also tell us if you liked this information on Windows 11 System Requirements Minimum for Laptop & PC.
Don’t forget to share this post with your friends.